Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Beginning

For a while I've been saying that I wanted to run a marathon by the time I was 40.  Well, time keeps on ticking away as time tends to do, and I haven't really done that much with it.  I run a bunch of 5K's, and I enjoy running, but I really didn't make any real solid plans.  Then a friend of mine that works for the American Heart Association had placements in NYC Marathon in exchange for fundraising.  So I got serious about doing a marathon.

I ultimately decided not to take that ever appealing offer.  Mainly because if I did not reach their fundraising goal, I would be liable for the remainder of the money.  I would like to think that I could count on my family and friends to donate and help me out, but I would be really hurting if I had to come up with a thousand dollars in the end!  I felt like that offer was presented to me for a reason, and now it didn't pan out for a reason.  The seed has been planted.  So I'm training for a marathon that has yet to be determined.  Even if I run the 26.2 miles all on my own, that will still be a success for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment